
On Friday May 30th I put on a hot pink top and nice fitting black pants along with my silver stilettos for a movie and dinner with six Sexy ladies who set out to the highly anticipated Sex and The City movie. For six years women... (and some men) around the world have experienced Carrie fever. If you were a man in a new relationship, you were probably watching Sex and The City simply to appease your new "Boo". If you were a man in an existing relationship, you were probably watching Sex and The City to appease your woman so she couldn't have anything to say when you wanted to watch Sports Center; and well let's face it men, some of you were just plain 'ole closet Carrie watchers! Which goes to show that it didn't matter our sexual orientation, our race, or our age, we all tuned in to see what Carrie was wearing, and what drama she and her girls were going to bring us that week. When the series premiered I was in my late twenties, single and living in Washington, DC. Like many girl groups my friends both near and far and I were able to closely relate to the show and it's characters. We all experienced the drama, we all awoke to regretful nights, many of us would perhaps do it all again in a heart beat, and yes, we all had a "Mr. Big" or two in our lives. Many men would like to believe that they were "Big" to many women, and some of us may allow them believe that they were, but only we knew who we would label as our "Mr. Big". Looking back that was the fun of it all, and for me, I wouldn't trade my journey for anything.
It's been four years since Sex and The City went off the air and we all have moved on in our lives, and yes there have been times when we would look back and reminisce on our four fantasy friends, and I for one would dose up on the nightly re-runs, but in essence we all longed for a reunion. At last four years later we were reunited with the girls of Sex and The City and women flocked out to movie theaters to cheer on our fantasy friends and got caught up on their lives, as we put ours on hold for two hours and fifteen minutes.
I don't want to divulge too much of the movie in fear that I may ruin it for someone who has yet to see the movie, but I will say this; I loved, loved, loved the movie! It was fun, fantasy, funny, and of course drama driven. For me, there was nothing left to be desired, this movie brought us to a climactic end in a long awaited movie event. I have to say, some of Carries' outfits were a little outrageous, and not really age appropriate, but then again that's Carrie. Charlotte and Samantha stayed true to their characters as well, but let's talk about Miranda, she's looking a helluva lot better these days- the earrings that she wore in the movie were fierce.
All in all though I enjoyed the movie through and through, what I enjoyed the most was the company that I was in. It's nothing like getting together with your girls for a girls night out. Join us as we dish out the scoop on "Dish".
It's been four years since Sex and The City went off the air and we all have moved on in our lives, and yes there have been times when we would look back and reminisce on our four fantasy friends, and I for one would dose up on the nightly re-runs, but in essence we all longed for a reunion. At last four years later we were reunited with the girls of Sex and The City and women flocked out to movie theaters to cheer on our fantasy friends and got caught up on their lives, as we put ours on hold for two hours and fifteen minutes.
I don't want to divulge too much of the movie in fear that I may ruin it for someone who has yet to see the movie, but I will say this; I loved, loved, loved the movie! It was fun, fantasy, funny, and of course drama driven. For me, there was nothing left to be desired, this movie brought us to a climactic end in a long awaited movie event. I have to say, some of Carries' outfits were a little outrageous, and not really age appropriate, but then again that's Carrie. Charlotte and Samantha stayed true to their characters as well, but let's talk about Miranda, she's looking a helluva lot better these days- the earrings that she wore in the movie were fierce.
All in all though I enjoyed the movie through and through, what I enjoyed the most was the company that I was in. It's nothing like getting together with your girls for a girls night out. Join us as we dish out the scoop on "Dish".

No comments:
Post a Comment